Welcome to the Membership Committee Homepage
The NJWEA Membership Committee:
Membership Committee Charge
- Lisa Oberreiter, Chair
- Carl Janson, South Section Chair
- Joseph Bonaccorso
- James DeBlock
- Frank Hartman
- John Lagrosa
- Dr. Peter Strom
- Robert Sokolowsk
- Robert De Block, Officer Liaison
The Membership Committee is responsible for the recruitment, retention and membership service to the NJWEA
/WEF members.Who Belongs?
Why Be an NJWEA/WEF Member?
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Personnel
- Laboratory Staff
- Maintenance Staff
- Equipment and Material Personnel
- Consulting Engineers
- Public Administrators
- Water Quality Professionals
- Local, County, State, Federal Government and Administrative Officals
Contribute to the activities of twenty (20)committees:
- The Water Environment Federation offers a vast resource of technical publications, at a reduced rate, for members including: Standard Methods, Manual of Practice, Highlights, Operations Forum, Washington Bulletin and the Laboratory Bench Sheet.
- Formed in 1915, NJWEA is the oldest water quality professional organization in the United States.
- NJWEA is a delegated administrator of NJDEP TCH’s (Training Contact Hours) for continuation education required for renewal of NJDEP licenses.
- Belonging to the NJWEA automatically entitles members to one TCH each year.
- Receive both NJWEA publications “Effluents” and “Scan”. Highlights include current events, trends, practices, proposals and legislative actions in the water quality and hazardous waste management in New Jersey.
- Receive contact hours for CPWM (Certified Public Works Managers).
- Annual Conference in the Spring. Four days of exhibits, displays and technical sessions including Hazardous Waste Management, Laboratory, Operators, Municipal Managers and Administrators. The conference is devoted to the study, promotion, encouragement of water quality control, conservation of our water resources, exchange of information and experience among its members.
- Technology Transfer Seminars held in the Fall and Spring.
- Utilize the resources of the NJWEA library collection including reference material, past NJWEA proceedings, historical documents and training videos.
- Job opportunities.
- State PWO Operations Challenge competition, prizes and awards.
- Reduced registration fees for training and conferences.
- North, Central and South Sections afford networking opportunities, seminars and social events including golf outings, dinners and expositions.
- Scholarship opportunities and statewide recognition of outstanding achievement, honors an performance awards.
- Framed membership certificates are available, along with other NJWEA logo items.
- Professional development and career networking, attend one of many NJWEA seminars.
- Library & Archives
- Conference Management
- Constitution & By-Laws
- Organization Liaison
- Education Advisory
- Policy Advisory
- Hazardous Waste
- Environmental Quality
- Public Education
- Legislative Analysis
- Seminar & Technology
For membership information, please contact:
Robert Sokolowski, Chair
Phone: (973) 239-9200
Fax: (973) 239-9239